older the better

i found this eroded out of the limestone bluffs, at first i thought crinoid but i dont see any form of symmetry or hole in the disk. is it something else? maybe a vertebrae? its about as big around as a dime and a few inches long 

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2520.JPG

2 hours ago, older the better said:

cool thanks for the quick replies is there a solved option somewhere?

No, there isn't any solved option. 

Feel free to post up any more that you find. ;) 

Cheers. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

10 hours ago, older the better said:

is there a solved option somewhere?

Science is, fundamentally, the process of disproving something. Calling it "solved" kinda' shuts the door on that.;)

There is no telling which threads here might later be reopened by someone with new information, or a new question. It happens often!

This is how we slowly accumulate new layers of knowledge, much like the sedimentary strata from which our fossils come.:)

• I found this Informative 4

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!