DanKurek

Message for Beaumaris Fossickers

DanKurek

G'day all,

This is a message to anyone on the site who collects regularly at Beaumaris. I have been informed by some other members on the forum that someone has been going down to Beaumaris and digging into the cliffs on a regular basis and has created a large hole/cave in the cliff. The area has been fenced off, yet he continues to dig there. This person has been confronted by forum members and locals but refuses to stop digging into the cliff. What he is doing is illegal and destroying the site. If anyone sees this person digging at this area, please take a photo or video and report him to the police or even the Beaumaris Conservation Society. What he is doing is illegal and is damaging the cliffs and endangering others. If we have many people looking out for him, we can quickly resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel

Fruitbat

It certainly sounds like this is a job for the local authorities!  Perhaps THEY (and a healthy fine and/or a little time in enforced confinement) can convince this person to stop ruining things for everybody!  I certainly hope that nobody associated with The Fossil Forum is the culprit here! :wacko:

-Joe

Connah

@DanKurek unfortunately Dan there are a few people that insist on spoiling it for those of us who are keen to learn from the site & act responsibly with the site in mind. If this is the same guy who I have encountered, he was quite verbal about not caring. I think we should definitely try to catch him in the act but I also advise some caution as I'm sure he wouldn't take too kindly to being filmed, make sure you can leg it if he becomes aggressive.  Also the spot you mention has be dug/excavated over a period of time & I'm sure you would have come across the other spots further round the shore where the same activities have taken place.

Connah.