I saw these teeth for sale and the Id's look squirrely but I'm not an expert so look for a positive ID.

All from Hell Creek Formation

The seller identifies this as a Troodon tooth 1/4" looks more like a Pectinodon

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.3d12f106b0338681dcd338619539da13.jpg

The others are being sold as Dromaeosaurus/Raptor   All are 1/2" or less.  They look like juvie Nanotyrannus

5b54addbcdf3a_s-l400(2).jpg.41bec1c2355bacf7ac7357212d2eb228.jpgs-l400.jpg.41f40f3be746f1b310787b76698fad0a.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.8d4cea922dddfe2c9b9aba354a9b53d9.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

You are spot on and those are common mistakes by many sellers.  Its easy for most to identify Trex teeth but the small ones become very troublesome for most who just flip teeth and listen to what diggers have to say.  Again Dromaeosaurus is not present in the Hell Creek and those appear to be dentified based on being small, however its all about serrations.  Lots of juvenile Nanotyrannus teeth out there.    Only two raptors are described in the hell creek and Acherorapter and Dakotaraptor.   Good call on Pectinodon the size can give them away.

• I found this Informative 4

Thank you.   You would think that sellers should try to become experts on what they sell, few however are.   

• 1 month later...

Thought I would add to this post. A seller is trying to sell me these "Troodon" teeth but I believe they are actually from Pectinodon bakkeri (I may be wrong) but that's what I believe. It is such a common thing for sellers to mistake this ID that it will take a lot of searching until I can actually find one that is actually from Troodon. Sadtimes :( lol

cretaceous-montana-troodon-dinosaur-tooth-1a.jpgcretaceous-montana-troodon-dinosaur-tooth-1b.jpg

cretaceous-montana-troodon-dinosaur-tooth-3a.jpgcretaceous-montana-troodon-dinosaur-tooth-3b.jpg

cretaceous-montana-troodon-dinosaur-tooth-4a.jpgcretaceous-montana-troodon-dinosaur-tooth-4b.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

@Jaimin013 agree. The large denticles almost shout Pectinoden. I’m almost certain as well. Beautiful examples!

• I found this Informative 1

Also agree with Pectinodon and like Troodon said, the first one is pretty nice. You may want to consider that one if you don't already have one.

• I found this Informative 1