After heavy rains for the past week, was hoping stuff would be re-arranged in my creek and new stuff would be visible.  The reverse happened; my favorite spots were silted and sanded in.  Much of the creek bed had changed water flow, and hardly any of the usual shells were visible just sand everywhere.  Good to be hunting again.  Most of the frogs were gone (probably eaten) but saw a few fearless ones.  So did some digging and screening; nothing big, a bonito nose, a small skate stinger, vertebrae, some broken cow shark teeth, lots of drum teeth, three or four angelshark teeth, and rare (for me) a small rough tiger shark tooth.  More rain predicted for the next week, more exploring for me.7-27-18-teeth.thumb.jpg.2e5d57d08b2dd72cdfadcc94d60312ee.jpg

Looks like you still ended up with a healthy haul.

The next storm that comes through will hopefully strip all that overburden away again and let you get down to the nitty-gritty.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Same thing happened up here in certain places. Tisk tisk. Well you did pretty good anyway!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks for the encouragement.  Yeah, nothing spectacular but about the same as is yielded by my favorite spots.  I'm sure much more washed out but just hasn't come to light yet.

Archived