Found a Giant Florida Parotodus, Megs, a Great White, Mako, etc.

Cris

We  (@addicted2fossils and myself) decided to go check out some dirt roads after some very heavy rain messed up our river sites. It turned out to be a pretty good call! We found a bunch of megs, a killer great white that we spotted at the exact same time and had to do a coin toss for, some great inverts and my favorite find of the day, a huge Parotodus benedeni from Florida! Check it out:

Disclaimer: we get kinda weird in this vid. :D 

If you don't want to watch the video, here's some (but not all) of the day's finds:
a_20180726_220109.jpg

a_0180726_173155_edited.jpg

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

:faint::wub::envy::dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

YUGE teeth! You can find this stuff on dirt roads down there? Sign me up!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Finest Parotodus that I have ever seen.  Please keep up the good work and keep those vids rollin'.

Imagine what the fossils would have looked like if cars weren't driving over them! Thanks for posting this

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!  I felt the thrill watching the video.   Thanks for sharing.  Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Awesome paratodus, congrats :yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Shark teeth in the middle of the road! Without sandals your report would demonstrate the thrill of victory and the agony of de feet.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

42 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Shark teeth in the middle of the road! Without sandals your report would demonstrate the thrill of victory and the agony of de feet.

Oh groan!  

What I wouldn't give to be able walk outside barefoot.  It would be like tip toeing over a waffle iron here.

9 hours ago, caldigger said:

Oh groan!  

What I wouldn't give to be able walk outside barefoot.  It would be like tip toeing over a waffle iron here.

Not too much different here.  Walking barefoot on Florida roads in mid_summer can singe the bottoms of your feet.  These guys cheated... they waited for the rains!!:D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Great finds! That Paratodus is awesome! A real trip maker!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Whooo wee .. that is one purdy tooth from a road-bed.  Nice haul this time.

Cheers,

Brett

Archived