Fossil ID from franstoen WM Browning

Leighann

Hey thank you for allowing me to be a member of your group   

I recently took a trip to WM browning fossil Park which is in Northeast Mississippi near Tupelo and I found many sharks teeth a few shell molds but one of the fossils that I found is really baffling me into the come not really sure it’s a fossil at all. 

Can someone identify this? (Mostly curious about the one with the two sides and one line in the middle - but these are the ones I wasn’t sure about)

Thanks! 

BF6868B2-B08A-4303-A199-A8F05B8D8D53.jpeg

Welcome from across the river in Louisiana!

I can tell you that you will need some better pictures if anyone is going to be able to help.  Try and get pictures on a light, solid, background. Lighting is important and natural daylight is best. Also, take your pictures straight on.  We will need to see views from the top, the sides, and the back.  Others will weigh in shortly, but I see at least one fossil there.  Again, welcome!

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

Oh thank you I had trouble resizing the better quality pictures. I’ll work on some tomorrow. 

Edited by Leighann

That tooth is a pretty nice find. 

I'm not sure I've seen one of those before. 

Hello, Leighann, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

@Bobby Rico 

wow.  I looked at Leighann's photos last night on my phone....and could hardly make them out.  But on the computer (at work) they stand out very well.  I think we are really at a disadvantage on our phones! :D

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

@Bobby Rico 

wow.  I looked at Leighann's photos last night on my phone....and could hardly make them out.  But on the computer (at work) they stand out very well.  I think we are really at a disadvantage on our phones! :D

Walt I think you are  right. It is really had on some IDs too see what the members are talking about. I do my best but a small screen is not the best tool to use. :(

@Leighann love that ray tooth. :wub:

B7FEDB8A-5E6C-4AF3-AA46-DC6D05979E7D.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for the help everyone! 

I am glad to know that it was a ray tooth! 

And possibly have a little spiral coprolite (which would be my first for both) 

I found a lot of the long ray mouth plates on the peace river in FL recently but this one threw me. 

Im thinking about joining the Memphis Archaeological and Geological Society. 

Look forward to posting here if we get any more questionable items on the next trip. 

You are so helpful.  Thanks again for the id’s and warm welcome. 

7B727F04-7B17-4344-8094-C607B9F1BA37.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1