Double Segnosaur Eggs

I know there are a lot of tips on here to help identify eggs, but I want some opinions.

See the photos purchased on ebay from china

1111111111111111111111111.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed11.jpg

unnamed1111.jpg

unnamed1111111.jpg

unnamed11111111.jpg

Welcome to the TFF, my friend @staydryoh! And receive hugs here of your friend of the Argentina!  :wub:

If you have purchased this then my advice is you open a Claim on Ebay and require a refund. This is nothing more than today's ostrich eggs with cement and red dye.

image.png.5bca3843bdb525569b35b95d2d45c3e3.png

image.png.d1d811dd2805dc972e39ab0769bda736.png

In addition, the forgeries often try to disguise by painting the pores of the ostrich egg with cement and red dye:

image.png.24d58b5b0e18376b6ec7f34e36a23982.png

For comparison and best illustrate the difference between a real egg and a fake egg, below, a photo of a two genuines Dinosaurs Eggs that is deposited in my private collection:

image.png.41c3a0f1cd0c218f6b8b17cbe88bb4f9.png

image.png.84bb12e92df4a5f84b3dc5979619f16f.png

• I found this Informative 7

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Hello and welcome to the fossil forum, those are some really bad fakes. Those are some of the typical fakes you can find on auction sites.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

1 minute ago, staydryoh said:

Very disappointed!!!  I thought it was to good to be true (paid 400)

Ouch!

Hope You can return it and get the money back.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I did start the process with ebay.  .  

Now I need to see if this claw is real I purchased see pics and info below

Tops 4 5/8ths Spinosaur Theropod Dinosaur Hand Claw

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l160011.jpg

s-l16001111.jpg

You can find good eggs where you purchase this one you just have to educate yourself what good and fake eggs look like.  We have lots of topics on that subject.  More important you should post your interest here before you buy to get our opinion.

• I found this Informative 2

6 minutes ago, staydryoh said:

Wow its a fake also!!  What is it made of do you think?

Could be fossilized bone, hard wood dont really know.  Common problem. Why you need to educate yourself before you buy and post items here.

11 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Could be fossilized bone, hard wood dont really know.  Common problem. Why you need to educate yourself before you buy and post items here.

I understand I should educate my self more before purchasing but posting on here asking for help is a start isn't it?  I mean is it a problem that I seek help from the forum section mentioning fake or real?  Sorry I don't want to annoy anyone, I figured I was doing the right thing.  Please advise. 

4 minutes ago, staydryoh said:

I understand I should educate my self more before purchasing but posting on here asking for help is a start isn't it?  I mean is it a problem that I seek help from the forum section mentioning fake or real?  Sorry I don't want to annoy anyone, I figured I was doing the right thing.  Please advise. 

Please don't misunderstand me we are happy to help and give you all the advice we can.  This is a multiple step process and part of it includes education because we might not available when you need to make a purchase decision.   We all hate to see collectors taken.

Thats is carved bone sorry to tell you. Sadly I'm not expert on eggs but can see how they are modern and not fossilized, the sad thing with eBay is there occasionally real good bargains however the problem is very few fossils that are cheap are worth it.

Thanks Matt

• I found this Informative 3

Sorry to agree with the others but the eggs are very fake. There are many eggs for sale where you purchased yours and unfortunately almost all of them are fake. If you scroll through the thread I made on commonly faked Dino eggs that Troodon posted above you will see many examples of what’s listed online and start to see others that are real. I’d recommend that you post some pictures on here before you buy if you’re new to eggs since there are so many fakes out there. A quick tip- it is illegal to export fossils from China so most coming from there online are not real. There are a few real eggs mixed in amongst the forgeries on the auction sites. 

As as far as the claw I’m unable to help but Troodon is the foremost expert on claws and teeth here on the forum so you can definitely trust his opinion!

Welcome to the forum!

• I found this Informative 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2018 at 7:16 PM, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Welcome to the TFF, my friend @staydryoh! And receive hugs here of your friend of the Argentina!  :wub:

If you have purchased this then my advice is you open a Claim on online and require a refund. This is nothing more than today's ostrich eggs with cement and red dye. 

In addition, the forgeries often try to disguise by painting the pores of the ostrich egg with cement and red dye:

For comparison and best illustrate the difference between a real egg and a fake egg, below, a photo of a two genuines Dinosaurs Eggs that is deposited in my private collection:

Real or fake segnosaur egg?

44904A4B-27A0-410B-A738-339DF9B0EDE6.png

I do hope you get your moneys back, but dont feel too bad, we've all been taken.  Just do your homework and be careful when buying fossils.  Good luck

RB

8 hours ago, Justinthecollector said:

44904A4B-27A0-410B-A738-339DF9B0EDE6.png

I agree with our friend HamptonsDoc.  :(

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

8 hours ago, Justinthecollector said:

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

There is no need to post multiple times. 

A separate post in Fossil ID or the Is it Real sections is good enough.  ;)

Thank you.  

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me