Stegosaurus, allosaurus, tyrannosaurus, plesiosaurus

Still_human

Ok, so I know these are kinda small, but hopefully it's good enough to tell. The tyrannosaur fossil was originally compacted, so keep that in mind if there's anything that would be attributed to that.

Pic 1:unidentified tyrannosaur 

2:stegosaurus

3&4:allosaurus

(I know the allo metacarpal may be hard to destinguish, so I'm not expecting anything concrete on that one)

IMG_6978.thumb.PNG.ac17f7bb50fb9089cf631db2f31ab279.PNG

IMG_6979.PNG

IMG_6980.PNG

IMG_6981.PNG

Part of the vert process is broken off and fused to the larger bone, right above the vert in the picture, so there's a little inconsistency explanation right there.

IMG_6999.PNG

IMG_6998.PNG

Sorry but those small photos are no use at all for anything. We need much, much bigger photos to be able to give any sort of possible identification.

I'm also not quite sure what you're asking but in those last two photos I do see part of the vertebra broken off that is attached to what looks like an ischium, as well as another piece of bone that is attached to the distal end.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

If these images are being provided by a seller, you may want to ask him or her to retake the photos under much better lighting conditions. There seems to be a bit too much shadow and/or blur to make out the key diagnostic features to make a good determination. :unsure: 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 hour ago, LordTrilobite said:

Sorry but those small photos are no use at all for anything. We need much, much bigger photos to be able to give any sort of possible identification.

I'm also not quite sure what you're asking but in those last two photos I do see part of the vertebra broken off that is attached to what looks like an ischium, as well as another piece of bone that is attached to the distal end.

So would you say that's plesiosaur?

1 minute ago, Kane said:

If these images are being provided by a seller, you may want to ask him or her to retake the photos under much better lighting conditions. There seems to be a bit too much shadow and/or blur to make out the key diagnostic features to make a good determination. :unsure: 

Oh ok, gotcha

5 minutes ago, Still_human said:

What's is it that you would need to see from them?

I would think that a seller would be obliged to provide a potential buyer with clear, brightly lit photos from different angles. It would be a reasonable request if the seller wants to make a sale. You wouldn't buy a T-rex tooth when the picture is a black tooth photographed in the woods at midnight during a rainstorm. :D Clear pictures better indicate diagnostic details and reveal if there has been any restoration or composite work. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

41 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Unidentified tyrannosaur toe phalange?

No its not a phalange it looks like a very beat up metatarsal.  What is the formation and locality.  I dont like it just does not look right.

Very odd shape

IMG_7014.thumb.PNG.ece241a434be57d5122a7df93f58b1b0.PNG.5567f027be31b0b7128e8d852566416d.PNG

1 hour ago, Still_human said:

Allosaurus caudal vert?

Not sure you can assign this centrum to any one Theropod .  Im assuming its from the Morrison  formation.  Its an indeterminate centrum

41 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Allosaurus metacarpal?

Size, locality do you have sharper photos

55 minutes ago, Troodon said:

No its not a phalange it looks like a very beat up metatarsal.  What is the formation and locality.  I dont like it just does not look right.

Very odd shape

IMG_7014.thumb.PNG.ece241a434be57d5122a7df93f58b1b0.PNG.5567f027be31b0b7128e8d852566416d.PNG

Yeah, he said this was compressed, and he had to fix it. I guess that explains the weird shape. It probably got all mushed out of shape as well as getting crushed

this was from the red beds, Aguja formation. Javelina ranch, Texas 

14 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Yeah, he said this was compressed, and he had to fix it. I guess that explains the weird shape. It probably got all mushed out of shape as well as getting crushed

this was from the red beds, Aguja formation. Javelina ranch, Texas 

Bad very bad reconstruction 

Actually, I think this is what it is. Does that look right? Now it looks right to me!

IMG_7023.PNG

*very rough line lol

1 hour ago, Still_human said:

Allosaurus metacarpal

Ok had an opportunity to look at this and it does not appear to be a metacarpal.  No idea what it is.

20180731_123802.thumb.jpg.3c6192d6e3aba2a0bec58e0a640648e3.jpg

28 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Actually, I think this is what it is. Does that look right? Now it looks right to me!

IMG_7023.PNG

Do you have it correct, I do not think so, what I circled appears to be "glc" in the sketch from the scapula not coracoid.   He may not have reassembed it properly..  https://plesiosauria.com/anatomy.php

IMG_6998.PNG.cb0cefcc840c51c9a83286f1e47041ad.jpg.bc691600e66f9061073a204aeed53b35.jpg

Archived