caterpillar

The big one looks like Glycymeris , but the barnacles and especially the spiny bivalve inside are wonderful! :wub:

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Nice, I like the little spiny one!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Wow lovely and what a surprise. I agree it looks like a glycymeris.

I don't know for the others but I like the spiny one! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Nice specimen!

Inside Glycymeris sp. it looks Acanthocardia aculeata (LINNAEUS, 1758).

Best regards,

Ricardo

• I found this Informative 3

Very nice surprise. Are the round marks on both the outer and inner surfaces of the big shell bore holes? Do they go completely through the shell? Most shells may have one if fed on by a gastropod. Maybe these are post mortem but by what organism? In my limited experience, it does not look like a boring sponge marks. What is the story this shell tells us? Would be interested on anyone's thoughts. Thanks

Nice assemblage! Also some nice traces. 

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

1 hour ago, fossilnut said:

Very nice surprise. Are the round marks on both the outer and inner surfaces of the big shell bore holes? Do they go completely through the shell? Most shells may have one if fed on by a gastropod. Maybe these are post mortem but by what organism? In my limited experience, it does not look like a boring sponge marks. What is the story this shell tells us? Would be interested on anyone's thoughts. Thanks

I think the holes are made post mortem

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic find! :wub:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Very nice fossils ! Do you have an age old more precise than Pliocene ? Basal, middle, upper ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

On 1.8.2018 at 4:17 PM, fossilnut said:

You might find this informative: https://www.steinkern.de/praeparation-und-bergung/tips-tricks-und-fallbeispiele/859-kunstharzausguesse-von-bohrloechern.html

Text is in german, but the pictures are maybe quite informative.

• I found this Informative 1