Moroccan Platecarpus tooth?

Deinocheirusmaster!

I once went to a rock shop in Utah a few months back and they had a wooden box with Moroccan  mosasaur teeth in it. Most of them had no tip and kids were messin with the teeth causing more damage. I rescued this one and got the tip to and repaired it. However, I see a similarity of the tooth to one I saw in Kansas that belonged to Platecarpus. Could this tooth be a Platecarpus tooth from Morocco? 

223E48CB-FCDA-4D1C-A8D8-3D36A533340F.jpeg

DC90F78D-DC4D-44BB-A693-B526C9885501.jpeg

786DA8ED-FEB4-4D68-8D1C-4CB0EB6A7B85.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

It does look unique, more slender than most moroc mosasaur teeth I see. But I don't know much about mosasaurs, so I can't say if this is platecarpus or not. Maybe @LordTrilobite can help. 

Nope, not a "Platecarpus" ptychodon. Some mosasaurs have more slender teeth in the front of their jaws. So this is probably a more anterior tooth from possibly Prognathodon sp., Eremiasaurus heterodontus or Mosasaurus sp.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

7 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Nope, not a "Platecarpus" ptychodon. Some mosasaurs have more slender teeth in the front of their jaws. So this is probably a more anterior tooth from possibly Prognathodon sp., Eremiasaurus heterodontus or Mosasaurus sp.

I’ll keep that info in mind but thank you for the identification help!