Troodon

:dinothumb: Pretty Cool

Described in this paper is a new iguanodontian ornithopod, Choyrodon barsboldi  from the Albian-aged Khuren Dukh Formation of Mongolia based on several partial skeletons interpreted to represent a subadult growth stage based on osteohistological features.

https://peerj.com/articles/5300/

A new iguanodontian (Dinosauria: Ornithopoda) from the Early Cretaceous of Mongolia

Terry A. Gates, Khishigjav Tsogtbaatar, Lindsay E. Zanno, Tsogtbaatar Chinzorig, Mahito Watabe

fig-4-1x.jpg.16cadaf622dea64fba1255f629c7d8f6.jpgfig-2-1x.jpg.53a390b7be6f5d26815c9b1c32078ade.jpgfig-5-1x.jpg.98f4e27f142289e99f81628b808c3942.jpgfig-3-1x.jpg.b3c68d5a3c50fe2c0e8a03f5bee55f73.jpg

Was the material collected by Currie's team or Norrell's team?

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

23 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Was the material collected by Currie's team or Norrell's team?

No mention in the paper who collected it.  Have to believe no since they were not listed as authors

Well...I incorporated this one into my pdf library as I do with all of your great finds, Troodon. I made the sad mistake of trying to reorganize the section on Iguanodontians to incorporate the latest cladistic findings but finally gave up in frustration!  Everybody and their Aunt Tillie seems to have their own blasted cladogram and none of them agree with each other!  I HATE cladistics!  It may be more reflective of true relationships between organisms but it doesn't make any sense.  I'm going to hang onto the old rank-based taxonomy as much as I can!

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Thanks,  yes cladistics can be a challenge definitely a moving target based on individual views.  I think you do a great job keeping it as well organized as you do. :dinothumb: 

Archived