River/Stream hunting

Wolf89

I'll be going to Green Mill Run this Sunday, I was wondering what I should where. If your unfamiliar with GMR it's like a small stream( I think)

12 minutes ago, Wolf52893 said:

I'll be going to Green Mill Run this Sunday, I was wondering what I should where. If your unfamiliar with GMR it's like a small stream( I think)

I'm not sure about GMR but in the streams I hunt I have neoprene high boots that cover may ankles, wool thermal underwear for my legs .. leggings. Cargo shorts over that with plenty of pockets and a long or short sleeved rash-guard for breathability and to keep the mosquitos off my arms.

Others will have their own setup. Fingerless gloves are also nice. 

In the winter a shorty wetsuit is always in order. 

I wear waders near water. Not flattering but practical. Keeps me dry up to waist height and has a handy dandy pocket for storage. I always bring a backpack too. I had a friend who hunted GMR, and he used a sieve. He said he knew he had hit a good spot when the shovel hit “crunchy gravel” which meant there were belemnites breaking (I whined at that thought but anyway...),  he had a nice patho meg tip from the stream. Now that was a while ago, so I don’t know what it’s like now.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason