South Texas Siphuncleage

Uncle Siphuncle

I found a couple ammonites this summer that needed very little prep.  

The first is a Pecan Gap fm Pachydiscus travisi, not remarkable for quality of preservation, but rather for presentation.  With both impressions and the steinkern found eroded out together, I have “all the pages of the book”, something that doesn’t present often, in my experience.

F9D26C46-5AFC-4B15-9E70-045F948A7496.png

B9D46E74-E57B-46B8-86A5-CC5EDB6B1252.png

• I found this Informative 4

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

The other one is the Georgetown Fm, Mainstreet Member Graysonites sp. that I found last weekend, only the third I’ve found down south in 15 years.  

One side had a mud plug melt when it hit the water bucket, leaving one side hollowed out, so I opted not to scribe the center due to thinness.  I spent 10 minutes scribing the matrix off the obscured horns, and I decided to stop with a light touch.  Part of the charm is the peanut butter color, and another part is the roughness imparted by attachment of marcasite crystals.  I’m happy with it as-is.

178C6015-439F-4C13-A50C-9178E3E9EC00.png

E33E5489-41C8-4380-8526-99EE2E8FAE77.png

• I found this Informative 2

Grüße,

Parting shots.

6E3EC735-0589-48AC-98E1-3201F95384A2.png

315FA573-7098-4087-98FA-688F63C11110.png

• I found this Informative 3

Grüße,

I have to say that top one has an interesting presentation. I would definitely have kept that one to.

...I'm back.

Nice Ammos:ammonite01::dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Very nice. I do like Graysonites.

I’ve only found 2 so far. The first one was shattered trying to remove it from the Grayson marl by another person I was with. Arrgh. It had horns about 1.5 inches. The little brother found nearby was much more modest, but still cool.

It was covered with oysters. I am not good at prepping and don’t really have great tools for it, but here is mine.

28F5B7E2-F31E-440B-A523-453473251ED3.jpeg

@Heteromorph , Matthew talk your mom into driving up and I’ll take you hunting where I found it. I found some nice Mariella brazoensis there too.

• I found this Informative 2

Always nice to have ammo's just pop out of the rock, but im assuming thats a bit rare.  It is for me.   Nice stuff man.

RB