New hammer!

LiamL

My new hammer has arrived. Hopefully it’ll open harder nodules easier than my old one.

It’s a 2lb club hammer style. I read that est wing are a good company.72AF73A0-7BE1-41A3-BA5F-A593B1251777.thumb.jpeg.602e6eee788d8e36378539dd8f31764c.jpeg

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Congratulations! An indispensable field tool. A lot of Estwing hammers will last a lifetime, and can take a lot of abuse. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

That'd be a brick hammer. The straight chisel edge is great for splitting shale. :) 

7 minutes ago, Kane said:

That'd be a brick hammer. The straight chisel edge is great for splitting shale. :) 

Yeah its not much good for nodules around the yorkshire area in England.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Nice purchase. :)

I have heard that Estwing are good quality, a lot of people on here swear by them. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just don't get the slightest bit of dirt on it or it will be ruined and you'll have to send it to me for disposal. :D

Estwing is a top of the line hammer, can't go wrong with that one. 

Nice buy!  I have used Estwing hammers of one type or another ever since I was old enough to want to break rocks and I've never broken one.  I've LOST a few...but I've never broken one!  

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

• 3 months later...

My first Estwing hammer has held up pretty well for the almost two years so far. I recieved it as a Christmas gift. It's been all over Utah and a few places in Wyoming and Nevada.

IMG_4727.JPG

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

My first hammer was this $5 pick ended hammer. It lasted years of smashing rocks I still have it.:ighappy::hammer01:

Here it is in front of some fossiliferous limestone in the Wasatch Mountains.

IMG_5178.PNG

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

There is an art to hammering that extends beyond having the right tool (which helps). Me and a hammer are "one", but there are other aspects of it that can help: 

also a good hammer is often used as a measuring tool :P:P

I have a lot of pictures of fossils in the field next to my Estwing for size comparison

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

I have this hammer as well as the 3 pound variety, bot will break some rocks! I also have a plethora of Estwing pick and chisel ended hammers. They are great tools. I've yet to break one. I've worn the specialty ends but a few moments on the grinder resolves that.

8 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I have this hammer as well as the 3 pound variety

Image result for thor lego

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

5 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

That's what people see when I'm working at my forge (only not made from Lego).

they don't make fun of the cape?  It would look pretty cool with a kilt.

Image result for kilt and cape:rofl:

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

6 hours ago, Walt said:

they don't make fun of the cape?  It would look pretty cool with a kilt.

Nobody makes fun of a guy with a hammer in one hand and red hot steel in the other (to his face at least). :P

Archived