CarrieMay123

My family and I found 2 ENORMOUS slabs of what I think is Fossile Hash. Though the stones are large I think they washed up recently. I took tons of pictures, but they’re not that great! I wasn’t sure what I was looking at, but it was easy to make out a few fossils knstantly. The more I look the more I see! It took me 3 hours on the internet to find the term Fossile Hash, I have almost 0 knowledge to share with my kids on this! I will try to upload a few pictures!

Would this even be considered Fossil Hash? Are any of the fossils identifiable from the pictures? I know you can’t take anything BE07358B-C52D-4E19-A455-5591586F3FE9.thumb.jpeg.748e7e658be15a276bb2b1b8d7773798.jpegmore than 25 pounds (and would be a heck of a feat) But what if a piece broke off lol 

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I’m trying to get them to upload. My file size it too large so I am attempting to shrink to upload. Sorry!

I see large chunks of coral. Neat find. Hopefully you can get your other pictures posted so we can get a better look. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Without a sense of scale, it is a bit of guesswork. The items with pore-like appearance and branch-like structures might be bryozoans. Much of the deposits in Lake Huron near Michigan is Devonian in age.

Hash plates or assemblages are fairly common, as they are effectively fossilized marine sediment environments. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Archived