Trip to Whiskey Bridge over Brazos River (Near Bryan, TX)

emtreloa

First time posting. Let's do this...

We went fossil hunting with our two boys: 11 and 13. We had a blast and collected a lot of interesting fossils from the Eocene (Stone City and Cook Mountain formations)

So many fossils! Lots of little things to sift through. We didn't find any shark teeth, but another person did and showed the boys to inspire them to keep looking. Eocene Fossils

Fossils everywhereLocal spider wondering what we were up to. I think this is a fishing spider

Whiskey Bridge
Fossil hunting company

• I found this Informative 3

That's some nice shells you've got there. :dinothumb: Stay away from them spiders though they aren't fossils yet!:ighappy:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Great post. I was just there last week! It was so fun. We found a crab Concreation, some of the same mollusks and a scorpion that reeeeeeally wanted to sting me. No teeth, I was hoping too but I think I made out very well anyway. 

3251B51F-404C-4E49-8C48-42F5CEF04AD1.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for sharing, nice collection of gastros! Such a haul is a really good start!
Franz Bernhard