order trilobite

sixkilo

20180805_131328.thumb.jpg.c47926b26355b044a53370a9e25a7f83.jpg

I found this specimen near Millens Bay on the St. Lawrence River.I was wondering if it could be of the order Asaphida?

I would agree with that, possibly an Isotelus sp. 

More images from directly above the specimen will help drill down to a more precise identification, including a close-up of the cephalon.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 hour ago, Kane said:

I would agree with that, possibly an Isotelus sp. 

More images from directly above the specimen will help drill down to a more precise identification, including a close-up of the cephalon.

+1

Very nice!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nah, I never order trilobite. They repeat on me really bad.

I usually order the cepholopod salad with crinoid dressing, a much safer choice.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

man. all these pictures are making me super jealous :angry:. stupid lousiana does not have trilos, does not have fossil fish (like yall wyomings do) and i have heard of only one time of someone finding a meg tooth. guess i will have to go to my favorite spot called 149 (its in nathcitoches) and collect coral. actaully i should ask what type of coral they are, once i find my camcorder (i just moved) i will post pics for ID.

:trex::trilo::meg:games are fun, but finding fossil is even better!:meg::trilo::trex:

Thanks everyone. I am going to scour the area in an attempt to find the missing piece. The location was on a mowed slope with very little ledge, maybe six inches tall, and scattered debris embeded in the grass. Probably hundreds and hundreds of people have walked the slope going to the shore. I was stunned to see it just laying there and did not mark the exact point in my excitement. The overall area cannot be over 50 sq ft.