Unbelievable trip to Greenville, NC

VBlake

My wife and I headed down to Greenville this past weekend to hunt greens mill run. We had a fairly slow weekend of hunting. But we were able to find a nice great white, a couple makos, and some very nice crow shark teeth. All in all the hunting was a success, we just enjoyed being back in the creek. 

Now let me get into why this was the best trip we’ve ever had, by far! Forum member, George Powell, invited us to his home which he has built a 1500 sq. ft addition onto, to display his amazing collection. We arrived at about 3:30, and started the tour of us collection. George took the time to go through his entire collection with us, explaining what things were, the story behind them, and the significance behind each piece.  We were completely blown away, not only by his amazing collection, but by the knowledge and experiences he holds and the time he took to share them with us. Five hours later and it was time for us to head back home. We left there with a much better understanding and love for fossil collecting. If you are a collector, (amateur or veteran) I HIGHLY recommend you check out George’s collection if you’re ever in the Greenville area. Again, thank you George for letting us tour your collection and teaching us young bucks a thing or two!

Blake and Marita

Here are some pics of our finds at gmr this weekend as well as some pictures at George’s. 

5DFB7555-BBB8-4E46-9220-3A1DBC230F98.jpeg

85C89A17-0487-4C43-ACCB-9C8A794E29D9.jpeg

• I found this Informative 6

Very nice finds! :) 

Thanks for showing us. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That’s awesome! Both your finds and George Powell’s home-based Museum! I especially love the Parotoduses.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

31 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

That’s awesome! Both your finds and George Powell’s home-based Museum! I especially love the Parotoduses.

George found one of the greatest, if not the greatest Parotodus finds of all time, which he donated to the Smithsonian!

6F0673B6-1A42-49BF-BE97-91C26D49AAE5.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

17 minutes ago, VBlake said:

George found one of the greatest, if not the greatest Parotodus finds of all time, which he donated to the Smithsonian!

I have heard, incredible! Gotta get down there some time.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Wow! Awesome finds from that location. Congratulations. 

I'm lovin that pathological lower Mako. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Now those are some nice paratodus you got there. Looks like you are running out of space, so I’ll give you my address and you can send them to me!

Just now, Wolf89 said:
On 8/6/2018 at 2:41 PM, ynot said:

Edit: did not mean for that to happen. It's not letting me delete the post