Curious as to what everyone thinks of the id of this tooth. seller calls it Dromaeosaurus but could be from a small rex. location is Powder River county, Montana

I wish i could buy this tooth but the seller doesnt ship to the UK... :( It is a nice small tooth and sorry for the not very good quality pics but they are screenshots from my phone.

Screenshot_20180806-193059.png

Screenshot_20180806-193103.png

Screenshot_20180806-193106.png

Screenshot_20180806-193108.png

Screenshot_20180806-193111.png

Screenshot_20180806-193113.png

Screenshot_20180806-193117.png

Screenshot_20180806-193120.png

Screenshot_20180806-193123.png

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Well its not a raptor tooth there is nothing about it that says Dromaeosaurus and they are not present in the Hell Creek.  The seller does not call it Dromaeosaurus says at one time she would have called it one but wonders if its closer to a Trex.  Very confusing but she is correct its closer to Trex its a Nanotyrannus tooth.

It's a sweet tooth! I wonder whether the seller would work with a freight forwarder to get it to you, if you covered the costs?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

10 minutes ago, Auspex said:

It's a sweet tooth! I wonder whether the seller would work with a freight forwarder to get it to you, if you covered the costs?

I know the seller very well, they just dont want the hassle associated with international shipments.  They are cattle ranchers.  They have a very good domestic fossil business and have no incentive to reach across the pond.  Not sure he can even bid on it.

@Auspex @Troodon what I should do is have get to know someone from the US who is willing to pay the money to try to win it, then pay them so they can ship it to me in the UK. It's disappointing when sellers don't ship outside of the US but as you said the seller has no incentive. I don't think international shipments are a hassle just the seller needs to make the effort but I guess for some people it's a hassle.

21 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

That is a lovely tooth and a shame they won’t post it to uk. I suppose they don’t want the problem of it maybe getting lost in the post.   :(

Possibly, it's just a shame as it is unlikely to get lost if you use a reputable courier company.. oh well.. you win some you lose some.

4 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Possibly, it's just a shame as it is unlikely to get lost if you use a reputable courier company.. oh well.. you win some you lose some.

I get a bit of post from the us and never had a problem. 

19 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I get a bit of post from the us and never had a problem. 

I have ordered so much from the US but there's no persuading the seller and as Troodon says they have a good fossil business and don't care for selling to people in the UK :(

2 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

I have ordered so much from the US but there's no persuading the seller and as Troodon says they have a good fossil business and don't care for selling to people in the UK :(

I think your have to forget that one. Sorry my friend.    :(

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I think your have to forget that one. Sorry my friend.    :(

Yes definitely 

• 4 weeks later...

What a beauty!

Good to see that it did end up in your mailbox after all :D 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

2 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

What a beauty!

Good to see that it did end up in your mailbox after all :D 

Thanks its an incredible tooth!

Archived