Chicken's Discover New Cretaceous Fossil!

TMike

I live in Central Texas, 1 mile east of I-35 in New Braunfels.I read that my area has a Cretaceous surface. I have searched far and wide for an object that fits the description of my find (actually, my chicken's found it in their coop, they excavated it for my inspection). At a glance an inexperience person (like myself) might say Dinosaur egg! Or big tooth, or tusk, or maybe just a plain 'ol dino bone. I'm coming here as a last resort because the closet thing I found was a distorted cracked t-rex egg -- but the color was wrong. I read on another sight about debunking fossils - that said that NO dinosaur eggs are white. My rock/fossil is limestone white with spores - the spores resembles that of a sun bleached cow bone, but solid stone in the shape of (one-half) a squashed t-rex egg or tooth/tusk. 11cm wide x 8cm thick x 20 cm long (t-rex egg 12cm x 35cm).

The cracks are only on the surface, less than 1/8" thick, thus indicating an egg, but the spore holes would indicate that its bone, I think. But maybe its just a rock. :blink:

Any ideas?

Thanks, TMike

post-2183-12517435081825_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking weathered limestone concretion.

I like New Braunfels; used to play in Stinky Falls before they closed it. Stayed at the Faust for a wedding a couple years ago, too.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm thinking weathered limestone concretion.

I like New Braunfels; used to play in Stinky Falls before they closed it. Stayed at the Faust for a wedding a couple years ago, too.

I hope they named it that before you go there. :P

Archived