Moroccan tylosaur tooth?

Deinocheirusmaster!

I went to a museum that sells fossils in there gift shop and bought this mosasaur tooth. I then looked up what species it could be on the Fossil Forum. There was a page on mosasaur species I’d for teeth that I read and I saw the tooth I have looks remarkably similar to the description to the Moroccan tylosaur. Could this tooth I have be an example of that description?

C82D9F89-B7A6-4870-8B65-409902BA5EA4.jpeg

9956F2C4-DFC2-473A-9C07-925B73482636.jpeg

1E47D490-B7F7-47AE-A1C2-24ADC7AAC143.jpeg

I think that's what it is. I have the Texas version in my profile pic. 

It could be from a Moroccan Mosasaurus beaugei.I have very similar tooth to this one.Tylosaur is more for American continent.Still it is a good tooth.

Officially Tylosaurus hasn't been described from Morocco. But apparently it is actually present. @jnoun11 posted about it in the big Mosasaur thread. He might be able to help.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

hi

it s look for me from the enamel tylosaur ou prognathodon , hard to said.

lord of trilobite is right tylosaur is a north american form of mosasaur...but exist in morocco from the turonian (soon in the fossil forum ;-) ), to the maestrichian.

the last paper from nathalie bardet (nmhn) denied the presence of tylosaurinae in morocco, but they exist here.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

Archived