DanKurek

First set of Carcharocles discovered in Australia

DanKurek

A set of Carcharocles angustidens teeth has been discovered at Jan Juc, Victoria. This is the first set of Carcharocles teeth ever found in Australia and is one of only three sets ever discovered in the world. 

https://www.perthnow.com.au/technology/science/australian-fossil-hunter-finds-rare-set-of-mega-shark-teeth-ng-b88923078z5b6c0a4d9d582_JanJuc1.jpg.bbf5f6fe29ca9db056aab5cd8baa06fb.jpg

WhodamanHD

Yay! Hope some good papers come out of this. You don’t hear much about the Oligocene of Australia.

Auspex

40 associated teeth (and part of the backbone), and Extraordinary preservation too!

sixgill pete

Wow! Did I say, wow! Amazing. But a question, is Carcharocles coming back into favor over Otodus for the mega sharks? This is the second such reference to the as Carcharocles instead of Otodus in the last month or so.

Bone guy

This is awesome! If I found a bunch of huge pristine angustidens teeth sticking out of my backyard I would probably pass out from the excitement :D

WhodamanHD
3 hours ago, sixgill pete said:

Wow! Did I say, wow! Amazing. But a question, is Carcharocles coming back into favor over Otodus for the mega sharks? This is the second such reference to the as Carcharocles instead of Otodus in the last month or so.

It never left style for some.

FossilsAnonymous
21 hours ago, Bone guy said:

This is awesome! If I found a bunch of huge pristine angustidens teeth sticking out of my backyard I would probably pass out from the excitement :D

I would go enter the lottery because my luck would be unstoppable at that point :)