Zesus

Sorry to dash your hopes but these are not bones/teeth.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

What about the last two on the right,  could they be scutes?  They look a lot like scutes I have seen on here.

Also, this could be crazy or insane, but I think a problem with some of the things I post, is that they may be hydrothermally altered in some way. I dont even know if that is a thing or possible, but the rock types on my property are of that variety.. Sorry if this is way off, I am learning as I am going..

50 minutes ago, Zesus said:

hydrothermally altered in some way

You might search serpentine while you wait, but I sort of doubt it.

Hydrothermally altered rock has had some minerals added or taken away. Your pieces do not look like either has happened to them.

I still see no fossils in any of the pieces posted.

This picture shows a basaltic rock that has had some parts hydrothermally altered.

Notice the voids have been filled with quartz (agate). The unaltered areas show a much darker color.

DSCF0586.thumb.JPG.4a65a13112b65830b9d7f6d467feeb06.JPG

You can also see that areas near cracks has been altered more than most of the base rock.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 hour ago, Zesus said:

Also, this could be crazy or insane, but I think a problem with some of the things I post, is that they may be hydrothermally altered in some way. I dont even know if that is a thing or possible, but the rock types on my property are of that variety.. Sorry if this is way off, I am learning as I am going..

Trust me, I understand how it feels to be learning the ropes, the best thing you can do is observe things more closely, by that I mean look at what you think you have, than look up what you think you have online, and if the lines don't match up with what you have instantly, don't try to convince yourself that it is something, getting rocks and learning they're rocks is a lot better than getting rocks and believing there not. I always assume whatever I find isn't a fossil until I closely examine it or I've already had other confirm something similar as a fossil, if I really can't tell I post it on the forum. But regardless, if your learning than even if it's a rock your getting something from it, so don't get discouraged, you'll get the hang of what's what eventually! Good luck. :)

rydysig.JPG

3 hours ago, Zesus said:

Also, whats this? There's no way its just a rock

IMG_7796.jpg

There's an intriguing feature in the first image that looks possibly like shell material, just by your thumb.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer