Winner of the July 2018 Invertebrate Fossil Of The Month

Cris

Thanks! I knew this one was special from the moment I glimpsed it peeking out from the clay bank of Coon Creek. I have to say though that there were several entries this month that I thought were exceptional, particularly the crabs and the strong showing from Mazon Creek.

Don

Congratulations, Don! 

That is a beautiful gastropod!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congrats :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Wonderful specimen :wub:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

This is an awesome find! Well deserved, Don.  

:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Thanks again everybody.

I looked through the FOTM/FOTY archive and I think this is the 2nd gastropod to win.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

20 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Thanks! I knew this one was special from the moment I glimpsed it peeking out from the clay bank of Coon Creek. I have to say though that there were several entries this month that I thought were exceptional, particularly the crabs and the strong showing from Mazon Creek.

Don

I want to take partial responsibility for this find.  My presence nearby was a guarantee that someone in my general vicinity in this case only 3 feet away, was going to find something fantastic.  :ighappy:

• I found this Informative 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

2 hours ago, MikeR said:

I want to take partial responsibility for this find.  My presence nearby was a guarantee that someone in my general vicinity in this case only 3 feet away, was going to find something fantastic.  :ighappy:

With results like that, I'll invite you along to my next fossil hunt. :P

Cheers.

-Ken

A beautiful snail, a very deserving piece! Congrats on the find!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason