The collection keeps growing!

Jacob L

So, when I came here I had a “collection” of only 1 object, a mosasaur tooth which still has a special place on the shelf! Now I can also call myself the proud owner of a piece of amber with a small flower, a mosquito and another small insect I can’t really identify because it’s simply just too small. And a fossilized fish, now all three things are not the biggest, but for me they are amazing! They look good and it’s so weird to hold them thinking that once, millions and millions of years ago those animals were alive and kicking. I bought all three fossils at my favorite Dutch fossil reseller, he’s a friend of mine I got to know at a fossil exhibit he was giving in the city I live in. I often just visit him to go look what he has new! Anyways too much talk, you guys and galls are probably waiting to see my collections. Well, here it goes!

85E7CBDB-A195-4C85-9D33-D28016578620.jpeg

48C1F79A-5C7D-4F4D-AC3E-7719782A6081.jpeg

Jacob    raptor-hatching-more-brilliant-jw-fan-art-including-this-amazing-portrait-of-of-raptor-hatching.thumb.jpg.6b62cfe354d42f447e7eb29633142690.jpg   

"God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys god. Man creates dinosaurs."

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

And last but not least, the Mosasaurus tooth. 

2F30C196-6117-49D7-AB9A-420DD03A05C0.jpeg

Jacob    raptor-hatching-more-brilliant-jw-fan-art-including-this-amazing-portrait-of-of-raptor-hatching.thumb.jpg.6b62cfe354d42f447e7eb29633142690.jpg   

"God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys god. Man creates dinosaurs."

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

Just now, Bobby Rico said:

Very nice collection and I just been to the Netherlands had a great time. :yay-smiley-1:

Thanks! And I’m glad you enjoyed the Netherlands, what did you enjoy the most?

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

23 minutes ago, Jacob L said:

Thanks! And I’m glad you enjoyed the Netherlands, what did you enjoy the most?

I really enjoyed the Teylers museum in haarlem and Rembrand’s house but it all was very enjoyable.

So,, your just starting out.   Just give it 20, 30 or 40 years and see what happens!!!  this is a super great hobbie and glad your a part of it.  Nice to be young. 

RB

Nice start to Your collection.

I was once told that - one is a sample, two is a set and three or more is a collection.

So You officially have a collection of fossils!!

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

12 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice start to Your collection.

I was once told that - one is a sample, two is a set and three or more is a collection.

So You officially have a collection of fossils!!

And twenty is an obsession....a good obsession! :D 

Some nice pieces. :dinothumb:

Your fish is a Dastilbe crandalli from the early Cretaceous Santana Formation, Ceara, Brazil. 

(Turn it around though, poor thing is upside down. ;)  )

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

3 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Some nice pieces. :dinothumb:

Your fish is a Dastilbe crandalli from the early Cretaceous Santana Formation, Ceara, Brazil. 

(Turn it around though, poor thing is upside down. ;)  )

Hahaha awesome, thanks. I will turn it around!

- Dr. Ian Malcolm

Nice pieces Jacob and its a good start to your collection.  Thank you for sharing...and keep us informed with any new additions.

On ‎12‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 2:59 AM, Bone guy said:

And twenty is an obsession....a good obsession! :D 

"Yes, for sure, belieeve meee - i can stop collecting fossils, for sure, belieeeeve me, REALLYYYY!" :D

If the fossil-fever really get's you, nothing will help - there's no cure and it will last until your very least breath in this world....:muahaha:;)

Welcome to the community ! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Archived