Mioplosus Prep

Ptychodus04

Just a tad of difference between the before and after pictures then! :D

A beautiful fishy. :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

WOW!  :blink::faint::drool:  :wub:

Very nice fish!

Great work, sir!

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

3 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

WOW!  :blink::faint::drool:  :wub:

Very nice fish!

Great work, sir!

Thanks. Little fish are hard because their scales are to thin and one wrong move goes right through. Their bones are sensitive as well. :doh!:

Oh man!!   A myo with both dorsal fins raised!!!  Dont see that everyday!  Now I want it back.  Ha!  Just kidding.  Im very glad that its a nice one and not one with problems.  Nice job man.

RB

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Good work. All by hand?

Thanks. 90% if this was done with my Micro Jack 4. Bulk removal (what little there was) was done with my Aro. All work was done under my microscope at 10x.

3 minutes ago, RJB said:

Oh man!!   A myo with both dorsal fins raised!!!  Dont see that everyday!  Now I want it back.  Ha!  Just kidding.  Im very glad that its a nice one and not one with problems.  Nice job man.

RB

Thank you sir. It is a nice one for sure. I’ll be happy to trade it back to you if you want to get rid of a few more unprepared fish in your hoard. :D

On 8/12/2018 at 5:40 AM, Ptychodus04 said:

Thank you sir. It is a nice one for sure. I’ll be happy to trade it back to you if you want to get rid of a few more unprepared fish in your hoard. :D

Let me give this some thought.  I do have more than I can prep,, so I might go for this. 

RB

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Let me give this some thought.  I do have more than I can prep,, so I might go for this. 

RB

Don’t think too long or I may grow attached.:P

3 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Don’t think too long or I may grow attached.:P

The thing is,,, all these unprepped fish also belong to my 2 youngest sons.  I would have to go through them and see what they want, what I want and see whats left over.  There are lots and lots of slabs including some really big ones so there would be lots left over, but getting me and them all together at the fossil shed could be tuff?   So if you get attached i wont get too mad?  Ha!!! 

RB

20 minutes ago, RJB said:

The thing is,,, all these unprepped fish also belong to my 2 youngest sons.  I would have to go through them and see what they want, what I want and see whats left over.  There are lots and lots of slabs including some really big ones so there would be lots left over, but getting me and them all together at the fossil shed could be tuff?   So if you get attached i wont get too mad?  Ha!!! 

RB

They will never know. :P

Archived