Scientific Study on use of Air Abrasion for Fossil Prep

DeepTimeIsotopes

I just found this paper on air abrasion for those of us that would like to increase our knowledge and maybe adjust our techniques while using air abrasives.

815.pdf

EDIT: SEPARATE LINK TO SOURCE https://palaeo-electronica.org/content/2018/2279-air-abrasive-fossil-preparation

• I found this Informative 4

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

2 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

I just found this paper on air abrasion for those of us that would like to increase our knowledge and maybe adjust our techniques while using air abrasives.

815.pdf

Is it just me, or doesn't your "link" work?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

6 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Is it just me, or doesn't your "link" work?

Dang it. It worked when I posted it.

4 hours ago, TqB said:

Thanks for the help there

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

This is a very good article, easy reading but not a lot of new information though that is not available elsewhere. 

Very good read. Thanks @UtahFossilHunter 

I do most of my work with scribes and only use abrasive when I absolutely need to. I think it’s a matter of training. I learned to prep with scribes and acid so that’s what I lean to.