shark teeth

visedhercules98

I think this is a shark due to the multiple rows of teeth but that's all I got they are really small maybe belong to a juvenile the fossil is about 1.5 inches

IMG_2640.thumb.JPG.a3bfd0f0b6e7150cb2a64eab6e3d2184.JPG

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

Not shark, mammal. Only 2 teeth in part of the bone.

Possibly deer.

I agree. Where'd you find it? That may help for exact measurements

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Chadron deposits I believe, oreodont or something of the like. @jpc

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I agree WhodamanHD.  Looks like oreodont to me as well.  The name "oreodont" translates to "mountain tooth".  (Actually has nothing to do with cookies)

These teeth show that sharp mountain like structure well.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Should probably say white river group instead of chadron FM, I just think Chadron when I see oreodont. Oligocene in age, Merycoidodon is he most commonly sold one in my bit of experience.

31 minutes ago, Ramo said:

The name "oreodont" translates to "mountain tooth".  (Actually has nothing to do with cookies)

Boo! I like the cookies better:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

• 2 weeks later...

Archived