Is This A Fossil?

Quality4go

Can't figure out if this is some kind of mineral or what, it's about the size of a bouncy ball. Any ideas?

This appears to be quartz geode that has been stream tumbled. Did you find it in a creek-bed in the Midwest . . . say Indiana or Iowa?

Please fill out your forum personal profile with the minimum info of your location. It will get you more attention to your posts, and perhaps help you make local connections.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Please fill out your forum personal profile with the minimum info of your location. It will get you more attention to your posts, and perhaps help you make local connections.

It also helps assist others with the identification of items you post.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

It also helps assist others with the identification of items you post.

When I responded to this post, I thought that this was from another shy newbie. I see now that none of the posts have this location information displayed. That may be something that Anson will want to add.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

When I responded to this post, I thought that this was from another shy newbie. I see now that none of the posts have this location information displayed. That may be something that Anson will want to add.

I had not noticed the absence of the old location info :blush:

It should be restored, as it is very valuable.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

"bouncy balls" come in a lot of different sizes.

but assuming the mineral is hard and your fingernail just slides along it, i'm guessing it's nodular chalcedony.

I just got it from His Gatorness that tais valuable feature is being worked on right now. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived