Bivalve Trade

Dan 1000

Hello everyone!

I have been sorting through my collection and have some bivalve fossils to trade. These 5 million year old oysters come from a roadcutting near Shell Hill, in South Australia. The locality is a large oyster bed with 99% of the fossils being from oysters. The locality is believed to be the only one of its kind above the surface in the Southern Hemisphere. There is more shells than what is seen in the photo. In return I would like some other bivalves or shells from your local area. (I am especially looking for shells from European or Asian countries US states other than Maryland and Florida but am happy to receive anything  :P)

Countries I am especially interested in:

Germany

Spain

Portugal

Canada

If you are interested, just chuck me a PM.

Thanks,

Daniel

DSCN9246[1].JPG

• 1 month later...

@DanKurek,  I have plenty of bivalves from the Ordovician of Minnesota and Wisconsin and Devonian and Mississippian from Iowa if you would like any. Am sorry no one has offered to help. I must admit, I can not ID the bivalves very well.

Mike

17 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

@DanKurek,  I have plenty of bivalves from the Ordovician of Minnesota and Wisconsin and Devonian and Mississippian from Iowa if you would like any. Am sorry no one has offered to help. I must admit, I can not ID the bivalves very well.

Mike

Thank you for the offer! I am quite interested in the Iowa bivalves and are happy to trade if you are :) 

6 hours ago, DanKurek said:

Thank you for the offer! I am quite interested in the Iowa bivalves and are happy to trade if you are :) 

Message me with your address and I will hunt up some specimens! It may be a few weeks as I have too many things going on currently but I would be happy to send some. Did you only want them from Iowa( Devonian)? Or Minnesota (Ordovician) too?

On 9/26/2018 at 2:09 PM, caldigger said:

Mike have you consulted Max-fossils?

He seems the resident bivalve Aficionado. 

Someone's read my "Rank" :P 

By the way, Daniel's oysters are awesome. I got one from him and it looks much better in person than on the photo.

They're surprisingly well-preserved too!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived