Looking for a good Hyneria tooth from Red Hill

Panthalassa

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a good and complete Hyneria tooth from the Devonian of Red Hill. Feel free to contact me if you have something nice. I can give good material, I have many stuff from the Solnhofen area and more. 

Best wishes from France :-)

Frederic

Hello Panthalassa,

I have many of the best preserved Hyneria teeth from the Oxbow member of the Duncannon formation Red Hill PA.. There is no restoration or coating on any of my Hyneria teeth and were prepped exclusively by me. If you want some close ups on individuals I can do that.  Let me know what you think.

IMG_0016.JPG

• I found this Informative 6

Those look much better than most of the Google images I looked at.

Very nice fossilcrazy!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I have one juvenile (bought) and two pieces (self collected) but not looking to sell or trade. Actually looking for a big complete one as well, but I think I’ll try to find it myself. Hey, @fossilcrazy, Doug told me that it was the Duncannon Member of the Catskill FM, rather than the Duncannon being a seperate formation. I’ve read a few papers as well (mostly Daeschler) and they said Catskill FM as well, is this a matter of debate?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Half of those teeth look like they come from a huge marine reptile, not a fish! Thats amazing. It just goes to show the awesomeness of prehistory.....and fish :D 

On 16/08/2018 at 9:48 PM, fossilcrazy said:

Hello Panthalassa,

I have many of the best preserved Hyneria teeth from the Oxbow member of the Duncannon formation Red Hill PA.. There is no restoration or coating on any of my Hyneria teeth and were prepped exclusively by me. If you want some close ups on individuals I can do that.  Let me know what you think.

IMG_0016.JPG

Hi Fossilcrazy,

I've sent you a private message with the teeth I could be interested in. Did you get it? It is still written as unread. Please let me know :-)

With best wishes

Panthalassa