Innocentx

34 minutes ago, Innocentx said:

One of these days I hope to know what to look for in the way of fish parts. Seems like screening may be the only way to find them.

The collections I've made have all been scientific and I'm involved in ongoing work in those localities, so I'm not super keen to give coordinates, but if you look in marine material, you will find shark parts. There are a series of black shales, especially, from the Wabaunsee Group, which are full of rather nice pyritized fishes, including sharks. Microfossils can be found in a lot of the nearshore shales and sandstones as well. If you're finding lots of marine inverts, you're probably in the wrong place, though I've found some petalodont and "cladodont" shark teeth in marine invert bearing roadcuts. I'm willing to discuss a bit more in a direct message if you want.

• I found this Informative 3

Thanks @jdp, for telling me where to look. The Wabaunsee Group is just east of me and I'm familiar with some of it's outcrops, the best of which are along the river. 

KGS has excellent geologic maps and is an invaluable resource for me, which I'll be getting more out of thanks to your new information.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

If you find anything really phenomenal, let me know. As I said, we've got ongoing scientific interest in those rocks.  Good luck!

7 hours ago, jdp said:

If you find anything really phenomenal, let me know.

You know it, and good luck to you.

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

• 1 month later...

Triassic(Induan-Olenakian)L. is known as well( Hindeodus parvus conodont zone,possibly to "Neospathodus waagenii" )

http://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/dspace/bitstream/1808/3689/3/paleo.paper.089op.pdf

Chorn, J. and E.A. Reavis (1978). Part 2. Affinities of the Chondrichthyan Organ-Genera Listracanthus and Petrodus. In: Fossil Fish Studies, The University of Kansas Paleontological Contributions, Paper 89.

as posted by the late great Fruitbat,it's in his library

Chorn, J. and E.A. Reavis (1978). Part 2. Affinities of the Chondrichthyan Organ-Genera Listracanthus and Petrodus. In: Fossil Fish Studies, The University of Kansas Paleontological Contributions, Paper 89.

• I found this Informative 2