Any Recommendations of Good Vertebrate Focused Fossil Books With Images

Kurufossils

Hello, I have been recently shopping around for fossil books that are more image heavy to look around at on my downtime, the few I have so far seem to be generally focused on all fossils and contain hardly any fossil vertebrates from the mesozoic or tertiary periods. Thus I am on the look out for any books that would be good fits, there was one I cannot remember the name for the life of me that I think is a large  recent book that I've seen in B&N that goes over all time periods in full color with fossil photos/creature images, if anyone knows maybe which one that could be I was definitely on the lookout for it but any recommendations are awesome.

7 hours ago, Ryann10006 said:

Hello, I have been recently shopping around for fossil books that are more image heavy to look around at on my downtime, the few I have so far seem to be generally focused on all fossils and contain hardly any fossil vertebrates from the mesozoic or tertiary periods. Thus I am on the look out for any books that would be good fits, there was one I cannot remember the name for the life of me that I think is a large  recent book that I've seen in B&N that goes over all time periods in full color with fossil photos/creature images, if anyone knows maybe which one that could be I was definitely on the lookout for it but any recommendations are awesome.

"The Fossil Vertebrates of Florida" - Richard C. Hulbert Jr.

"Dogs: Their Fossil Relatives and Evolutionary History"

Don't buy "Dinosaurs - The Grand Tour: Everything Worth Knowing About Dinosaurs from Aardonyx to Zuniceratops" 

Also keep in mind to understand the good paleontology books you need a little background knowledge in the field, possibly a dictionary as well. :P

15 hours ago, RyanDye said:

"The Fossil Vertebrates of Florida" - Richard C. Hulbert Jr.

"Dogs: Their Fossil Relatives and Evolutionary History"

Don't buy "Dinosaurs - The Grand Tour: Everything Worth Knowing About Dinosaurs from Aardonyx to Zuniceratops" 

Thanks! and yeah I saw that dinosaur book lol, has some cool illustrations but definitely a no no.

Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution, Robert Carrol. The text is a bit dated and is fairly technical and terse, however there are 1700 fantastic detailed line drawings. You can likely find an inexpensive used copy on Amazon.

Also I might recommend the two Princeton "Field Guides", dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals. The mammal guide is by Donald Prothero a respected mammal expert and the dinosaur guide is by Gregory Paul, perhaps the most technically knowledgeable dinosaur illustrator.

The previously recommended "Dogs: Their Fossil Relatives...…" is a favorite of mine.

Also some vertebrate anatomy texts are very rich in illustrations and can be found on Amazon at a great price if you get an older edition. Kardong's is great.