Jump to content
thelivingdead531

Trix the T-rex and the Museum of Paleontology, Paris

Recommended Posts

Walt

Very cool!  Thx for sharing!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Hope you're enjoying your holiday, Candace.:)

Lovely photos, it certainly looks like they've packed a huge amount into the available floorspace. 

Shame they don't have decent air-conditioning though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
29 minutes ago, Walt said:

Very cool!  Thx for sharing!

 

It was very neat, definitely the best part of my trip! I’m glad I was able to see Trix in person and the wonderful museums that Paris has. 

 

15 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Hope you're enjoying your holiday, Candace.:)

Lovely photos, it certainly looks like they've packed a huge amount into the available floorspace. 

Shame they don't have decent air-conditioning though. 

We did enjoy the places we visited and things we saw. The museums were my favorite (and the catacombs). They did have a lot of specimens packed in there, but it was done in an aesthetically pleasing way. It didn’t look like everything was thrown in carelessly. I wish they had better air circulation though. There were some vents blowing cold air that people would stand over, but it only went so far. Still, it was worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

Thanks for sharing! Is this just my shifty memory, or did someone on the forum Co-discover this rex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
22 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks for sharing! Is this just my shifty memory, or did someone on the forum Co-discover this rex?

Your memory is not shifty, someone on here did discover it. :trex::) The post was called We Discovered a Trex. If I knew how to copy and paste entire threads I would do it for you, but I’m clueless on how that works. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD
7 minutes ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Your memory is not shifty, someone on here did discover it. :trex::) The post was called We Discovered a Trex. If I knew how to copy and paste entire threads I would do it for you, but I’m clueless on how that works. :shrug:

Copy and paste the URL and it automatically embeds. Pretty cool we have some awesome contributors to science here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
7 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Copy and paste the URL and it automatically embeds. Pretty cool we have some awesome contributors to science here!

Thanks! Here it is!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

I thought it was partly Olof/lordtrilobite, just couldn’t remember exactly. Vertebrate fossils of the decade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger

20180819_095616.png

 

Are you sure this isn't a shot of Uncle Siphuncle's family room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bcfossilcollector

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troodon

Very nice, great photos, thanks for the tour.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot

Those are some wonderful displays. Wish I could see them in person.

Thanks for the tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordTrilobite
On 8/19/2018 at 4:41 PM, WhodamanHD said:

I thought it was partly Olof/lordtrilobite, just couldn’t remember exactly. Vertebrate fossils of the decade?

Ohnonono. I just posted an extensive photo report of the skeleton without any visitors because I volunteer at the museum Naturalis in Leiden that owns the skeleton.

 

Chele (from the forum) and her husband found the T. rex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jpc

(I wonder what has happened to chele).  

 

I love the Paris museum.  One of my favorites...it is so old school.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×