Trix the T-rex and the Museum of Paleontology, Paris

thelivingdead531

This past Wednesday I got to meet Trix in person, and is she beautiful or what?? :trex: :wub: I immediately fell in love with her. I could have stayed and looked at her for hours, but it was crowded and sweltering in the building (all buildings actually) so we didn’t stay too long. We also toured the Museum of paleontology, but by the time I made it to the third floor (husband and child chose to sit that floor out) I practically ran through it, it was just too hot to stroll around leisurely anymore. :( So the photos aren’t my best, but it’s what you get. :ighappy:

1F2BB16A-0EF8-49E9-A944-5DF23D879ADD.jpeg

8DD24601-4168-473A-9E12-4E7751AD6267.jpeg

0A36F3C4-471F-4528-BBA7-F081965C4807.jpeg

1C0E8896-9734-450D-978C-FA1760EDE218.jpeg

BBCDBCE1-2FB6-49D2-A06B-1EB84DC5C4CA.jpeg

A9B8B574-77DB-46FF-87B4-2466DB1D3F45.jpeg

Hope you're enjoying your holiday, Candace.:)

Lovely photos, it certainly looks like they've packed a huge amount into the available floorspace. 

Shame they don't have decent air-conditioning though. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

29 minutes ago, Walt said:

Very cool!  Thx for sharing!

It was very neat, definitely the best part of my trip! I’m glad I was able to see Trix in person and the wonderful museums that Paris has. 

15 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Hope you're enjoying your holiday, Candace.:)

Lovely photos, it certainly looks like they've packed a huge amount into the available floorspace. 

Shame they don't have decent air-conditioning though. 

We did enjoy the places we visited and things we saw. The museums were my favorite (and the catacombs). They did have a lot of specimens packed in there, but it was done in an aesthetically pleasing way. It didn’t look like everything was thrown in carelessly. I wish they had better air circulation though. There were some vents blowing cold air that people would stand over, but it only went so far. Still, it was worth it. 

Thanks for sharing! Is this just my shifty memory, or did someone on the forum Co-discover this rex?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

22 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks for sharing! Is this just my shifty memory, or did someone on the forum Co-discover this rex?

Your memory is not shifty, someone on here did discover it. :trex::) The post was called We Discovered a Trex. If I knew how to copy and paste entire threads I would do it for you, but I’m clueless on how that works. :shrug:

7 minutes ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Your memory is not shifty, someone on here did discover it. :trex::) The post was called We Discovered a Trex. If I knew how to copy and paste entire threads I would do it for you, but I’m clueless on how that works. :shrug:

Copy and paste the URL and it automatically embeds. Pretty cool we have some awesome contributors to science here!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

7 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Copy and paste the URL and it automatically embeds. Pretty cool we have some awesome contributors to science here!

Thanks! Here it is!

I thought it was partly Olof/lordtrilobite, just couldn’t remember exactly. Vertebrate fossils of the decade?

Happy hunting,

Mason

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 4:41 PM, WhodamanHD said:

I thought it was partly Olof/lordtrilobite, just couldn’t remember exactly. Vertebrate fossils of the decade?

Ohnonono. I just posted an extensive photo report of the skeleton without any visitors because I volunteer at the museum Naturalis in Leiden that owns the skeleton.

Chele (from the forum) and her husband found the T. rex.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived