Take a look at this!

14 minutes ago, SULLY said:

What do you guys think of this. I’ve never seen one available before.

66A95421-8B84-4D1E-BF66-4C01C970D7AB.png

What I think of this: :faint:

This looks very cool. What a piece. The smaller phalanges being preserved is interesting, maybe the claws are still unexposed in the chalk? I guess only the buyer will know :) 

Very real.  One would see these at the Tucson fossil show.  A higher end Kansas fossil dealer who specialized in the chalk deposits, and collected there would occasionally have one or parts of one.  He also brought the big fishes from that locality, it's pretty cool material.   Where I picked mine up.  Most are sold in matrix better to mount and preserve the bones. 

Here is mine 7 ft wide and a complete arm

Pteradonwing1.thumb.jpg.0afc873d0200d6c970b8f37b8eb94d7f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very real.  One would see these at the Tucson fossil show.  A higher end Kansas fossil dealer who specialized in the chalk deposits, and collected there would occasionally have one or parts of one.  He also brought the big fishes from that locality, it's pretty cool material.   Where I picked mine up.  Most are sold in matrix better to mount and preserve the bones. 

Here is mine 7 ft wide and a complete arm

Pteradonwing1.thumb.jpg.0afc873d0200d6c970b8f37b8eb94d7f.jpg

:ptero:

8 hours ago, SULLY said:

I need to make more money :drool:

This is my low-budget version: Pteranodon femur and some other bone (a metatarsal maybe?).

5b7aa9a98cf60__57(8).JPG.5babf1c17ee65b3d139900dd3614135d.JPG

25 minutes ago, Flx said:

This is my low-budget version: Pteranodon femur and some other bone (a metatarsal maybe?).

5b7aa9a98cf60__57(8).JPG.5babf1c17ee65b3d139900dd3614135d.JPG

I would be perfectly content with a piece like that :D I'm under the impression Pteranodon material is quite rare, is that true? 

Yes, quite rare. From what I can see pretty much all fossils come from the "Kansas chalk" deposits that Troodon already mentioned. Once every 2-3 months there is a piece on the big auction site. Additionally, there is some pterosaur fossils from Morocco available for sale once every few feeks/months. 

<< want's one.. or 2.. or however many I can fit in my place.. Now as to affording.... anyone have a small splinter of a tiny bone I can buy? :faint:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

This is another example of my eyes saying yes but my budget saying no.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

4 minutes ago, Wolf89 said:

I'll take 2 please

...and whatever was in between them!

Archived