Proximal end Pteranodon radius?

Bone guy

Seller identifies this as the proximal end of a pteranodon radius. I do know there's lots of other things this could be, so I thought I would post it here before pursuing a purchase. 

To my eyes it has the right shape. It's only a tiny piece, 2.5 inches, but an opportunity to own a piece of one of the most iconic pterosaurs is one I won't pass up. 

IMG_1186.PNG

IMG_1187.PNG

IMG_1188.PNG

IMG_1189.JPG

Does he have a pic of the broken end? The thin bone wall would help ID it as an airborne animal rather than terrestrial.

• I found this Informative 1

21 minutes ago, KimTexan said:

Does he have a pic of the broken end? The thin bone wall would help ID it as an airborne animal rather than terrestrial.

I have two pictures here. The first one shows a side view and it does look like the bone was once hollow. The second picture is of the other side. 

IMG_1190.PNG

IMG_1191.PNG

Yes, those are pretty thin walls. Does he say where it’s from and what formation it was found in? 

If he says Houston, we have a problem. Meaning, if location doesn’t match fauna then I’d be dubious. I know nothing about buying fossils. I’ve never bought any. I’m just using deductive reasoning.

It's from the same person selling the wing all from the Kansas Chalk.  Looks real but I don't know enough about Pteranodon bones to say it's a radius.  All the ends look pretty similar and looks more like a phalanx but I'm not holding it or have anything to compare against.

8 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Yes, those are pretty thin walls. Does he say where it’s from and what formation it was found in? 

If he says Houston, we have a problem. Meaning, if location doesn’t match fauna then I’d be dubious. I know nothing about buying fossils. I’ve never bought any. I’m just using deductive reasoning.

The only info he gives on locality is "the chalk beds of Kansas." 

Unfortunately I think I have to pass on this one. I think if it were in just slightly better condition it could be identified but by the looks of it its a chunkosaur. :(