Raptor egg from Ganzhou

Crazyhen

What's your view on the authenticity of this egg?  It is 16cm in length, still largely embedded in matrix.  This egg was said to be just dug up from Ganzhou, Jiangxi of China.

IMG_5054.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

I would like to own and prep that egg.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

10 minutes ago, SULLY said:

I was under the impression that eggs from China were illegal to import or export 

They are, unless You live in China.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

This egg is not wet as the sellers have a bad habit of doing, and I like it! Definitely it is an egg Elongatoolithus sp. of a real theropod dinosaur! The rock matrix is perfectly compatible with the coloring and granulation typical of the Ganzhou region, Jiangxi of China. I also liked the shells of other eggs scattered on the back of the matrix rock, besides, the egg seems to be very complete ... Congratulations, it will look beautiful after being prepared. :wub:

這樣的帖子,讓我想離開阿根廷永久居住在香港! :D

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

5 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

This egg is not wet as the sellers have a bad habit of doing, and I like it! Definitely it is an egg Elongatoolithus sp. of a real theropod dinosaur! The rock matrix is perfectly compatible with the coloring and granulation typical of the Ganzhou region, Jiangxi of China. I also liked the shells of other eggs scattered on the back of the matrix rock, besides, the egg seems to be very complete ... Congratulations, it will look beautiful after being prepared. :wub:

這樣的帖子,讓我想離開阿根廷永久居住在香港! :D

I have asked my friend in Mainland to tell the egg sellers not to wet the eggs.  Unfortunately, they don't see that it is a problem and they still do it to show the egg's ornamentation more clearly.  But yes, this egg was not wet, at least not when they took the photos!

Amigo mío, siempre puede venir a Hong Kong. ¡Es mucho más cálido que la Patagonia!

I like this egg too! Looks good to me.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Where do you find all these great fossils in HK? The most I found was a mineral shop.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

1 hour ago, indominus rex said:

Where do you find all these great fossils in HK? The most I found was a mineral shop.

Taobao has everything ;)

14 minutes ago, Crazyhen said:

Taobao has everything ;)

So far I haven’t found anything amazing aside from some fossils. Haven’t seen any Dino eggs.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Archived