New Dentist in Town

meg.cu

I was down in Florida in January to see family, and visit old friends I haven’t seen in 20 years. While out for dinner I showed them some pictures of my sharks teeth, and also pointed out that some had restoration. One of the people in the group happened to be an artist and was very intrigued with the fine details in the restoration work and asked if I could send her some cheap teeth so she could play around.

I sent her 10 teeth, this tooth is the tenth tooth she has ever handled or worked on, and I am quite amazed at the work.

Here are pictures of the finished tooth, I will post the before picture shortly. All feedback would be greatly appreciated so I can give it to the artist to help her get better.

99013325-DA40-4E92-864B-E5E4218AE1D1.jpeg

968CC9D5-494F-4546-92B1-D5F823C4887F.jpeg

3B741112-5E12-4C7C-86FF-2A176E82A167.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

"Message me for info on Fossil Collecting in Cuba. " 

cuba1 029.JPG

Thats absolutely the best restoration job I have ever seen on anything that I've saw restored. 

• I found this Informative 1

...I'm back.

Only thing that could be changed it the marks on the bourlette are a little too straight, but thats not-picking. Maybe it’s my untrained eye but that things a beauty! It was a nice tooth before the resto, awesome tooth now!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

8 minutes ago, Raggedy Man said:

Thats absolutely the best restoration job I have ever seen on anything that I've saw restored. 

This ^ :D 

Incredible!  She even reduced the size of the serrations as they joined the root.

If you hadn't said it was a restoration, I wouldn't have known.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I think it is a wonderful repair job. The colors match up very well as do the textures.

The only criticism is on the angle of the burlett. See marked up picture below...

99013325-DA40-4E92-864B-E5E4218AE1D1.thumb.jpeg.29c1b5d424d0223f52fb064d3ce4a379.jpeg.fa0a9d4d465d7dff3078ca4b4c238790.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I agree with the criticism about the bourlette not being straight, but OMG that is by far the best restoration job I have ever seen!

Amazing work! 

Truly super restoration job.

I'd love to see the 20th attempt! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

By golly, that lady has some talent!  thats the best ive ever seen also.  Ive seen a heck of alot of restore jobs and I would have sworn that that tooth had none.  Truly a very good job.

RB

Spectacular job. Just wonder how long it took her.....

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG