Advice from Those Familiar With Colorado

minnbuckeye

Due to deeply discounted air travel , my wife and I decided to take a spur of the moment vacation to Colorado, a state I have never been to. We will plan on visiting Florissant and Douglas Pass for sure . I am open for other suggested fossil or mineral sites off the beaten path or special photographic spots that would be worth checking out. We will travel from Florissant  to Grand Junction via Rt 24 and Rt 50. From there, we will loop back to Winter Park  via I 70 and Rt 131. It is a 5 day trip so a little deviation from this itinerary is possible. Any suggestion  will be truly appreciated and will help to make a wonderful vacation that I can share with TFF.

Mike

Ammonite hill located North of Kremmling on BLM land. BLM office in Kremmling will tell you what hill you can collect off of.

Roughly 11 miles North of town.

Steve

• I found this Informative 1

I recall @Shamalama collected there a few years ago, maybe he can offer advice.

The places I know in Colorado are pretty far south of where you will be travelling unfortunately.

Don

Be careful up at Douglas Pass Mike. The roads straight for alittle bit then gets curvy. By the turn off is a huge cliff that you'll be tempted to collect at...DONT. You also might be tempted to collect once you turn off and make the drive up to the site. Its private property and is marked. 

Good luck!

...I'm back.