Ecphora species

b. bartron

Who wants to play "name that ecphora!   first one up is from choptank formation I believe. I didn't take field notes cause I'm a rookie. 

IMG_20180822_194458.jpg

IMG_20180822_194507.jpg

Second one is a weird one from my collection. The ribs are flat at the top but kind of bulge a bit though not really t shaped like gardnerae Wilson. 

IMG_20180822_194255.jpg

IMG_20180822_194304.jpg

@I_gotta_rock

I have a three ribbed one like that myself from Matoaka, hope it gets IDed!:popcorn:

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Are both from the same location?  Top is Ecphora megenae.  Not sure of the second specimen.

Mike

• I found this Informative 2

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Ecphora species
30 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Second one maybe Ecphora quadricostata?

That species is now known to be Pliocene so not found in MD (as far as I know)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I can't recall the location for the second.  But I think I identified it as tricostata Martin. I was just unsure. 

10 hours ago, MikeR said:

Are both from the same location?  Top is Ecphora megenae.  Not sure of the second specimen.

Mike

12 hours ago, MikeR said:

Mike

Thank you very much. I recently posted a photo of an ephora from Matoaka Beach that looks just like that.