Jaimin013

Any ideas what this might be or is it too small to id? Also don't have denticle count but I don't think that would even help as it is such a small tooth. If this is the case then I guess it's another tooth that is a Theropod indet….Anyone familiar with teeth from France?

9mm in size

Chevres-Richemont Quarry

Chevres-de-Cognac, Charente, South West France

7269-.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

12 minutes ago, marguy said:

can't help for id. but locality is CHERVES de Cognac (not Chevres)

Ok thanks the seller has spelt it incorrectly thanks for letting me know

I have a few papers from that locality and have not seen any theropods described.  Not sure how current I am and if some local info may be more current.  I've seen this morphology of tooth sold as Nuthetes but its not a Dromaeosaurid.  A more recent paper shows a couple of theropod teeth from C de C and says they indistinguishable from those of Neovenator from the Barremian of the Isle of Wight.  Not saying this tooth is one but new discoveries are shedding more light on this locality.

Its a nice tooth buy it and worry about an ID at another time. 

• I found this Informative 2

28 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I have a few papers from that locality and have not seen any theropods described.  Not sure how current I am and if some local info may be more current.  I've seen this morphology of tooth sold as Nuthetes but its not a Dromaeosaurid.  A more recent paper shows a couple of theropod teeth from C de C and says they indistinguishable from those of Neovenator from the Barremian of the Isle of Wight.  Not saying this tooth is one but new discoveries are shedding more light on this locality.

Its a nice tooth buy it and worry about an ID at another time. 

Thanks for the useful information! Really interesting and cant wait for future discoveries!

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Troodon said:

I like the other tooth better just because its more complete.  Looks like the same species 

Thanks @Troodon! Some additional photos that the seller has sent me if you are interested! Although there is a bit of the denticles missing from the tooth it's still nice! When I get the extra cash I will be buying this!

7269-DSC_5123.jpg

7269-DSC_5125.jpg