Dino Tracks Update: Fixing the Fake

Interesting bit. Can you post an after photo with low angle lighting?  It is hard to make out even the real track with head on lighting.  

59 minutes ago, jpc said:

Interesting bit. Can you post an after photo with low angle lighting?  It is hard to make out even the real track with head on lighting.  

Thank you and sure no problem,  I just have to clean it a little more and then I’m going to take some better pictures. 

For light color - I was once told, artist's watercolor paint was often used. The concept was, it being easily reversible and providing a light transparent coloration.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

7 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

For light color - I was once told, artist's watercolor paint was often used. The concept was, it being easily reversible and providing a light transparent coloration.

I have heard that too I was told it is used a lot on the Green River Fish we get imported to the UK

3 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I have heard that too I was told it is used a lot on the Green River Fish we get imported to the UK

Ugh.. I hate it when folks paint over Green River fish.  Or any fossil, including tracks.  

3 minutes ago, jpc said:

Ugh.. I hate it when folks paint over Green River fish.  Or any fossil, including tracks.  

I am not a fan ether but poeple buy them because the look prettier. It is very easy to remove watercolour paint just with water.

Interesting thread! 

Thanks everyone. :)

I think that what's left is a pretty nice piece. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Interesting thread! 

Thanks everyone. :)

I think that what's left is a pretty nice piece. 

Much thanks Adam!  I’m trying to do what I can with it. I think the final result will look nice. 

Archived