Eggshell ID Pyroraptor?

Masp

Eggshell experts out there,  came across this fragment said to be Pyroraptor South of France.   This is the only picture provided...is it rare and is it Pyroraptor?

A5D391A3-B608-49F7-8293-F87564C15C76.jpeg

Can't help on the ID of these eggshells, but there is no way to know what species laid these eggs. Eggshells have an apart classification like 'Megaloolithus' (I don't say this is the same as yours). So it won't be indentified as Pyroraptor.

Difficult to say... The only remains of Pyroraptor olympius are a few bones and teeth.

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Am I allowed to ask how you guys tell what species an egg fragment is?

Thanks

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

3 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Thanks

Books and publications are some sources to aid in identification of eggs.   Again you cannot typically describe an egg to a dinosaur  species but you classify it to an oogenera or ootaxon based on what the eggshell looks like.  You look at the characteristics of the shell like ornimatation and  thickness

One of the best books.  

1b80e430781b5004c72a4be9af51e545c9e74758.jpg.999d350774c5e6c623d9a7d6a119d194.jpg

There's a French egg digger here we can consult @Pixpaleosky

Anyway, there's nothing to identify these as being from a Pyroraptor. I've always seen these eggshells being sold as tiny fragments throughout the years. I wonder if it's a single source that broke up a bunch of Megaloolithid eggshells, then started selling the lot as Pyroraptor.

3 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Thanks

Yes, you are allowed.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

6 hours ago, -Andy- said:

Anyway, there's nothing to identify these as being from a Pyroraptor. I've always seen these eggshells being sold as tiny fragments throughout the years. I wonder if it's a single source that broke up a bunch of Megaloolithid eggshells, then started selling the lot as Pyroraptor.

I cant say better !

Picture is blurry and in a very low resolution with no comparative scale. It's nothing clearly distinguishing on it as ornament, but somehow looks close to Cairanoolithus. Just a guess, nothing more. :)

A5D391A3-B608-49F7-8293-F87564C15C76.jpeg.f3eb413ee6bf20e0faf618911fdf6d8d.thumb.jpeg.544233335c043da2bed5d1adf169c40d.jpegcairanoolithus_micro.png.5fd0f37ab08100e5d98c747568fb12db.png.29b27041ca830a4206671840852632b6.png

Here 's a similar thread.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived