One More For The Kid

RJB

I cant do any fossil hunting anymore, but i can still prep.  My youngest son is a real fossil hunter go gitter.   He finds lots of stuff like his father used to do.  He worked on this and then called me and asked if I would help out. He has a ME9100 that I gave him and he knows that I have a Junior Jack.   A Junior Jack will remove 10 times the rock the 9100 will do.   wish I had a before photo, but afraid not.  Took me about 7 hours to get this far.  Lots and lots of rock to remove.  The appature on this Placenticeras is not correct but it was shaped in order to remove rock to expose this male Hoploscaphites crassus?   My son May have a before picture.  If so, I will post it and then you will understand why ive done what ive done.  This rock measures 12 inches.  Kinda heavy too! 

RB

DSCN1704.JPG

I'll bet you can still make some incredible finds in the "forgotten boxes" area of your storage space.:ammonite01:

Looks like a really interesting ammonite I much prefer them in the matrix . The kids got a good eye for finding fossil .:D

On 8/28/2018 at 6:52 AM, Bobby Rico said:

Looks like a really interesting ammonite I much prefer them in the matrix . The kids got a good eye for finding fossil

I like my fossils in rock too.  and even though this is the 'kids' rock, its still got about 6 or 7 hours to go to finish it up.  and also, even though these two fossils, Placienticeras and Hoploscaphites are the most common out there, its not common at all to get both in the same rock.  Should look purty nice once done.

RB

Archived