Looking for a Preparator in Uk

Archie

Hi everyone, on a trip over the weekend to the north of Scotland hunting for Devonian fish I struck it lucky and found a nice specimen of a rare placoderm fish in a hard carbonate nodule. It needs glued back together and reverse prepped and I definitely don't have the experience to do it myself. My 30th birthday is coming up in a few months and my family have really kindly offered to get it prepped for me as a birthday gift, can anyone recommend a preparator in the UK? Any suggestions much appreciated!

Regards

Sam  

Thank you Adam  

I do have a prep guy in my opinion he is fantastic with ammonites if not the best but I don’t know if he works on fish . Sam if you add a couple of good photos to your post I will wastsapp him.  If he is interested we can sort it out the details. All the best Bobby 

8 minutes ago, aeon.rocks said:

Check out with Craig Chivers from NFS, one of the great preparators in UK:

I know him too, he is good but I would  probably would have sent his email address in a pm to Sam :)

It's publicly published email (copied from his web), not sure about forum rules tho. Admin, sorry if posting it here is not allowed. 

Thanks very much for the suggestions guys! Heres a few pics of the nodule opened and closed, its around 7 inches across. The plates on one half of the the split have a thin layer of sediment obscuring them a bit but as far as I can tell nothing was lost when it was split. Ive included a pic taken from the net of what the fish (Pterychthyodes milleri) may hopefully look like if complete.  

IMGP6617.JPG

IMGP6619.JPG

IMGP6620.JPG

IMGP6621.JPG

IMGP6622.JPG

1128711263-Pterichthyodes-milleri-Miller-ex-Agazzis-Pterichthyodes-milleri.jpg

On 28/08/2018 at 3:41 PM, aeon.rocks said:

Check out with Craig Chivers from NFS, one of the great preparators in UK

I second this recommendation.

Archived