Member of the Month - September 2018 - Innocentx

Kane

Where did the summer go? As the shoulder season of autumn is imminent, crisp apples ripen to be picked from the orchard, and we see the trudge of returning school children with their new backpacks and pencil cases, it is also that time again. Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore... But the MOTM crown travels there for the month of September! This month's worthy recipient for being fitted with the crown goes to...

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:     Innocentx  :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Innocentx has been with us since January, 2015 and began, like so many members do, lurking until surprising us with really interesting finds, and delighting us with her knowledgeable fossil identification skills. Always on hand to help and offer encouraging words, her presence with us has been noticeably selfless and kind. You can definitely count on her to throw a curveball now and again on identifying a find, causing us to second-guess what may seem an obvious ID. Yet what do we know about this month's coronated member? We do know that part of her interest in the natural world and fossils seems to stem from adventures her father brought her on as a child, but she remains a member of mystery outside of her helpful, encouraging, and always spot-on informative posts. 

Innocentx, Thanks for all you do and contribute here on the Forum!

Congratulations Madam! Wear this Crown with joy as you earned it!

Here is your opportunity to tell us your story - about your passion for fossils, and how you came to TFF!

On behalf of the staff here on TFF, congratulations!

• I found this Informative 7

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Bravo! Congratulations! Well deserved!

Now we need to hear the story about how you came to fossils (and to TFF).

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1

Wooohoooooo! Congrats to you! 

Would love to hear your story :) 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Congratulations!  Looking forward to hearing your life story, or at least the part about how you came to like fossils! :popcorn:

Congratulations to ya! ;) Looking forward to hearing your story!

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

The only thing that pleases me more than your (well deserved) award is your warm presence on the Forum.
Congratulations!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congrats !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations! I enjoy your frequent input, here. :) 

Well deserved. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Well this is a total freak out! Thanks everybody!! I am seriously freaked out speechless. I don't know how you figure these thing out but I feel it is a kindness you've done me here. 

My story? I'll make an attempt soon. Once again, thanks so much!

• I found this Informative 2

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

I got started with fossils at a young age when my father took us on mineral hunting trips. He also taught me about wild edible plants, how to fish, and a lot of other important things(understatement!).
As a child, I would sit on the gravel bars and find the usual kid identifiable stuff... crinoids, triticites, etc. It's only been in the last 15 years or so that my interest has deepened. The excitement and wonder of finding cannot be beat, and this connection to the past that I feel is like no other.
I've learned an incredible amount on this forum. And I've learned to be very careful about researching and the pitfalls of assumptions.
I want to thank all the knowledgeable people here that share so much of their time helping folks like me. I wouldn't be at this point without them!

Big smiles from Kansas 

Patty

• I found this Informative 17

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs