Is This Chubby Or Meg?

julian68

I would say it's a chubutensis. It looks to have the small rounded cusps at the base of the crown and is a bit too large to be a juvenile meg. GREAT find, especially for Italy

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I would say it's a chubutensis. It looks to have the small rounded cusps at the base of the crown and is a bit too large to be a juvenile meg. GREAT find, especially for Italy

Thanks,yes it has small rounded cusps.

If you are using a digital camera, and you are unfamiliar with it's macro button, I highly recommend you use it for taking pics of your fossils. in the settings, or next to one of the buttons, there is usually a symbol that looks like a tulip. this is the "digital macro" which sets up the camera for the best results possible on a close up subject (like a tulip). The next best advice for a digital camera is the half click focus forcing. Most digital cameras have a position on the main button, where when "half clicked" they force the focus to find something. If you don't like the focus, let go and try again, until it focuses where you want. There are stickies around here that may give more detailed advice.

If you are using a digital camera, and you are unfamiliar with it's macro button, I highly recommend you use it for taking pics of your fossils. in the settings, or next to one of the buttons, there is usually a symbol that looks like a tulip. this is the "digital macro" which sets up the camera for the best results possible on a close up subject (like a tulip). The next best advice for a digital camera is the half click focus forcing. Most digital cameras have a position on the main button, where when "half clicked" they force the focus to find something. If you don't like the focus, let go and try again, until it focuses where you want. There are stickies around here that may give more detailed advice.

Thanks,I'm not very good with digital cameras!!

Archived