Bridger fm. Amphibian

Bone guy

Hello fossil friends. I have this skull piece here that's quite interesting. Looks to be some kind of amphibian skull. The locality is Bridger fm, but after doing some research I haven't been able to find any information on amphibians from this locality. Would anyone be able to shed some light on an ID for this piece? 

IMG_1199.PNG

IMG_1200.PNG

No real idea what but the preservation gives me a fish vibe.

Mike

4 minutes ago, Mike from North Queensland said:

Mike

I agree, looks fishy.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

8 minutes ago, Mike from North Queensland said:

Mike

4 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

I agree, looks fishy.

I agree. The more I look at the piece the more I see a fish skull. I believe it's preserved dorsaly, so that may have thrown off the seller in his ID process. Thanks for the help! 

I agree that this looks fishy, skull material flattened from the top, but it is tough to tell.  The Bridger Fm does have some thin limestones that have occasional fish bones in them.  Can we see better close up pix?  

I think a recent paper in JVP discussed Bridger fishes, but they were mostly verts and catfish spines found by screenwashing.  Nothing articulated like this piece.  

Cool fossil.  

Archived