Ammonite fragments ID

DatFossilBoy

Hi everyone!

Today I went hiking with my friend at 3000m+,

The location I went hiking in is very near a place where I heard you can find ammonites and belemnites.

I pulled this rock out of a boulder with many layers of slate in and found a partial piece of an ammonite.

I was wondering if anyone out there can recognise the specie and the period?

I found it in Switzerland, near a Glacier called « Plaine Morte »

The first 2 pictures is the one I found and the second 2 is the one my friend gave to me (which he had found less than a km away from that location)

Any help would be welcome :) 

Thanks so much! (Tell me if you need more pics)

20B05ACA-26AD-49EC-B630-578364835A1C.jpeg

9C888BD1-3A64-4DA1-8390-B42548448E30.jpeg

CC1FA17A-DC41-401D-9D9D-836958A26BFD.jpeg

488FE01E-ED8B-412F-82B2-13973762647E.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I can not really help. To me that are parts of heteromorph ammonites. But I have no clue of exact age and species. I think Cretaceous age is for sure. Doushantuo is probably close with Aptian.

• 5 months later...

Stumbled upon this post while looking up some info for a friend of mine (@lk_art_account on Instagram, to whom you apparently gave a cool fossil bivalve, @DatFossilBoy;) ). Anyways, I may be really bad with ammonite ID, but I did find this paper which could definitely be helpful to you. I believe this is the paper from where @doushantuo got his picture from. I believe you should find most of the info you need in there!

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/20645530.pdf

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

14 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Stumbled upon this post while looking up some info for a friend of mine (@lk_art_account on Instagram, to whom you apparently gave a cool fossil bivalve, @DatFossilBoy;) ). Anyways, I may be really bad with ammonite ID, but I did find this paper which could definitely be helpful to you. I believe this is the paper from where @doushantuo got his picture from. I believe you should find most of the info you need in there!

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/20645530.pdf

Omg! That’s awesome.

What a detailed article! 

I have to look more into it because it is really hard to tell for sure due to the fragments being really worn.

Thank you so much!

9 hours ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Omg! That’s awesome.

What a detailed article! 

I have to look more into it because it is really hard to tell for sure due to the fragments being really worn.

Thank you so much!

:ighappy::dinothumb:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils